Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Love and Hope

Okay, so there's this blog... And I love it.  Stephanie Nielsen has survived so much, and is so full of hope, no matter the trials she faces.  She has so much faith.  One of my favorite things about the whole blog is how in love she is with her husband. They love each other, and they do all this romantic stuff together, and they smile and hold hands through it all.

I wanna be like them.  Matt and I have been joking about how we should be more romantic, like them.  Like making out on a ski lift under the full moon romantic. (Does that not sound amazing?)

I recently discovered that her kids go to the school I teach at.  I've seen them a couple times in the hall.  They are adorable.

Today I was grumpy.  I didn't get enough sleep.  My kids were kinda crazy.  I got observed and got... a reality check about how far there is to go in my teaching.

After I took a nap in my car, I headed out to get a much needed DDP.  And sitting there behind me at the light, were the Nielsens, sitting there on their motorcycle.  He was smiling, she was hugging him tight, their sunglasses on just looking completely at ease, and in love, and really really happy.

I thought I hated motorcycles.  And they weren't even wearing helmets!  But I looked at them, and saw their love, and I saw their joy, and somehow, I felt more hopeful about my life.  

If they can find joy in simple things, so can I.  If they can be in love, so can I.  If they can make it through hard things, so can I.

Ah... Hope. :)

4 comments:

  1. Mikell my dear. Something I heard in my cohort that i tell myself a lot is, "I can do hard things." & No need to compare yourself to them! You got a great guy! & There aren't very Romanic men out there... Tyler thinks romance is talking about molecules or cells??? Yeah... ha! Welcome to my life. Love you dear & miss you a lot. Especially 2 AM talks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikell my dear, something that was said in my cohort that i say to myself a lot is "I can do hard things." And no need to compare yourself. You have a great guy! & not very many guys are romanic. Tyler thinks romance is talking about molecules or cells. yeah.... ha! Welcome to my life. Well i miss you. A lot. Especially our 2 AM talks.

    Ps. I love that blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm not comparing, just getting inspired! :)

    lets definitely definitely get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you for doing an internship. Seriously. I'm trying to decide internship/ student teaching right now and every day I get inspired by how much hard work that would be, and how awesome you are to do it.

    ReplyDelete