Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break Ramble

I just read a bunch of old blog posts.  You know what, sometimes I think I'm funny.  I don't know that anyone else does, but... I don't think I really care.

I'm on spring break right now.  Its perfect timing.  Those fifth-graders are turning into crazed 11-year-olds, and driving me nuts. I needed a break from them.  I love them, but I needed a break.

Since Matt still has school, I'm not doing anything too exciting.  Today I got to go with him to his "Preparing for Medical School" class.  Sister Samuelson and Sister Samuelson (sisters in law, not sister-wives!) talked about medical school from the wife's perspective.  It was good to hear these women talk about their experiences.  They talked a lot about focusing on the positives and being happy in whatever stage you are in.  Isn't that such a good perspective on life?   I love that idea.  I know I need to apply it, even now.  I SO OFTEN live in "I will be happy when"/ "What's coming next" land that I don't realize the beautiful wonderful things that are happening around me right now.

Like sitting at the kitchen table with that handsome man as he absent-mindedly half smiles.  Like getting burgers together.  Like looking for a birthday present for him.  Like just picking him up from school.  Oh these things!  They are so much fun!  I can appreciate that now, if I just WOULD.


I want to talk for a minute about how incredible my husband is. He works SO HARD.  And its for us.  I'm glad he's going into something he loves.  Even if its incredibly over my head MOST of the time.  I've been watching Scrubs just to try and get some medical lingo.  I don't know if its working...  Back to him.  He said tonight, "lets do something fun every night, since its your spring break"  I said, "its your birthday week".  "Its spring break!"  back and forth, back and forth.

I love that we can make fun of the strange noised the other makes, and of yawns, and sneezing... I love that we sing together, and cuddle, and dream about the future. (Hopefully mostly in the "won't it be fun when...." rather than the "I will be happy when...")  I love that we both like Diet Dr. Pepper and America's Funniest Home Videos (Don't tell.  I used to hate it.  But I love it with him.)

This marriage thing is rather great.  Its pretty cool to have someone on your team.  And to be on someone's team.  And to be in love.

How's that for random.  I think I'm done, for tonight.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you are so happy :). What I always wanted for you. And we all need to remember to enjoy the moments sometimes.

    ReplyDelete