Monday, April 29, 2013

Mishaps

Since we've been married (coming up on a year, what the heck?!?), we've had a few... mishaps.  Now, a lesser person than I might be a little embarrassed by these, but I think they are funny, so... story time!

Once, a tire on our car was flat-ish.  We filled it with air.  It was flat-ish again the next day.  Rinse and repeat... a few times.  (Busy schedules!) Eventually, it was flat flat. Matt changed the tire, and went to the tire store, and got new tires.  The next day, it was flat again.  Not kidding.  Um hello?  So he changed the tire again, and took it back to the shop, and yelled at them like crazy.  Just kidding.  I have never ever heard Matt yell.  He probs was the nicest ever. Whatever, it got fixed, yay! Oh, and did I mention he had to sit in the snow while changing the tire? Well then.


More recently (Sunday), we came home and put ALL our unmentionables in the wash, you know, so we could have clean ones for the week, right? Well, the washer decided to stop.  Mid-cycle.  And not start again no matter how hard we tried.  Blergamerg.

I tried to fix it.  Matt pulled it out to look at it, and.... a sock fell in the lint trap of the dryer. (I neh-ver leave unmatched socks on top of the dryer!  No way!  So now, here we are.  Unmentionables like soup in the washer. Afraid to turn the dryer on for fear of explosion.  Say now!

Much google-ing occurred, and we went in search of a part! (The next day, after unmentionables were removed from soup, rinsed and blow-dried, and we went to school etc...)  To Lowe's!  They don't have parts!  To random "Mending Shed" that happens to be right by our house and also next to super sketchy abandoned buildings!  They close at five! Order the part on Amazon! Proceed to wait! Huzzah!

Matt had to tear apart the dryer (well, unscrew a bazillion annoying screws), and he got the sock out.  We dried the rest of the unders.  We went to bed annoyed.  And we wait!


I know there's a billion more mishap stories that I can't think of right now. Somehow, being with my love, and getting to see him get lint in his hair, and wet snow bum and the like makes it a little more fun. (Even if we grump about it...)



Did I just write a whole post about how I like to laugh at my husband?  Sorry honey, didn't mean to!

No comments:

Post a Comment