Monday, December 13, 2010

Old Friends

Today I went to the homecoming of one one of my favorite people in the whole world. Jake is the friend that makes it all feel like everything is back to normal again. How it used to be. Like in high-school, but way better.

All of them. So many of my favorite people.

Smiles.
Withering stares.
Eyebrow movements.
Whistles.
Honesty.
Hugs.
Lots and lots of laughs.

Its so great/interesting/weird to be back with people who knew me back in the days when everything was "drama", choir was life, and my biggest goal was winning the affections of (fill in the blank)... But it was actually really nice. It was nice to be with people who know me, who I know, who know my weirdness, who I can tease. And it was especially nice to feel good about who I am now in front of those people. Hallelujah. I feel so much better about myself now than I did then. How did that happen? When did that happen? Was it in Europe? College? Working?

I don't know, but I'm starting to feel old.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kell! Don't feel old yet! You've got loads of years ahead of you to feel old!
    Reconnecting with friends is the best! Wait til you're chatting with one of them one day and start doing the math...and you realize you've been best friends for 18 years! And you met as adults! GULP!

    Cute blog, girl!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely agree with this whole thing! It was so awesome to see you Mikell! Christmas holiday - hang out, a must!

    ReplyDelete